Monday, March 12, 2007

Blended Seasons .....


Here are a few finished (or almost) winter/summer knits. The hat pattern is an Ann Norling called the spiral hat knit with Noro Big Kuryeon. I love the spiral effect. Here's the pattern at one of my favorite online yarn stores, Jimmy Beans .

The other strange looking wooly is Knitty's Caliometry . I used Noro for that as well. It's an interesting pattern and great for long hair. A huge headband to keep your ears warm on that cold winter day.

Lastly, summer socks knit with Knitpicks, Dancing . I have to admit that I am not too crazy about the yarn and probably wouldn't use it again. It's just me really. It's not bad yarn by any means. With it's cotton, wool, nylon and elastic content they should last!
When those socks in the pic are finished I will get back to my "Kinsale" an Alice Starmore gansey (see my very first post). I have very little on needles right now just a round facecloth and a felted bag to go. I think!

No comments: