Monday, August 20, 2007

You Gotta Knit One....



I love this bag! I think it turned out great. I am also making another I-cord in the mustard color as well and a little longer. I-cord handle wasn't in the directions. It was a crocheted one starting with a chain of 400!! I wasn't going to do that! I didn't block it. Maybe I should to stretch the insides some since it's fair isle. I must say though that the inside looks pretty darn good too! The bottom closure was neat too. You crochet it closed. I hope I don't tire of knitting another! It's a Mission Falls pattern in their Harvest 2001 book.
I've got the yarn ready for another but I need to get back to my Karabella and Starmore sweaters. I've just proved to myself though that with determination I can finish a project from the get go without picking up and or starting another one!!! It was a rare occasion!

6 comments:

kat said...

it really turned out great, beautiful colors

Rose Red said...

That looks great - you did a fab job. I think you need to flash us a picture of the inside too!!

Kary said...

WOW Diana .... what an AWESOME bag! Perfect for the upcoming Fall! Great job!

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic!! Great knitting!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That really is an amazing bag. You did a great job on the color choices, too.

Shelob said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the pattern for this bag. What a lovely job on the inside as well.

Are you holding classes anytime soon? [grin]