Friday, August 10, 2007

A little excursion ..........

to a yarn shop about 40 minutes from my house. They are going out of business. I went about 6 weeks ago but didn't really bring much home, a skein of sock yarn and a couple patterns. This visit was a different story!!! It was hard to find something that had more than 10 skeins that you could actually knit a sweater with but I managed! Mission Falls 1824 Merino, enough for a sweater. A Mission Falls book too. Also Debbie Bliss Merino Aran in a grey and a red, enough for a sweater. Four skeins of Tahki Donnegal Tweed in coordinating colors for probably 2 scarves, one for a gift. Everything was 65% off!! A few patterns too at $1.00 each!
Knitnana likes to tease me because 2 years ago I had no stash at all. Really! I bought yarn, knit the project and then bought more for another project. Now, my yarn is still designated for a specific pattern/project, at least most of it is! I do need another set of drawers though!

Today was a great day! I was feeling so good about the yarn haul that I came home and took my son to the pool and sat in the 100 degrees from 3 till a little after 8pm! I knit most of the time , with wool even! I'm knitting the most beautiful Karabella sweater. I'll show pics tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made a knitting post yesterday... come see,....

but I've changed my mind on the edge I'm putting on the sweater, but it was fun knitting that lace.

Rose Red said...

Look forward to seeing your haul! How annoying about your centre pull ball in the post below - I have had the same thing happen, it turned me right off the project I was knitting and I haven't picked it up since!

kat said...

wow great stuff you got!