Saturday, April 26, 2008

Traveling Cables Cardigan Update


Making progress. If I would just stick to knitting on one thing until it's finished instead of a half dozen at a time I could make some progress. I think I'm a fickle knitter! Remember my Traveling Cables Cardigan by Karabella? I really want to finish this. I just started the right front yesterday so if I can stick with it I'll be on the sleeves very soon! I love all the cables and will probably wear this one a lot but as far as fun to knit, it's not! I've read other opinions of the pattern and it was a pain to a few others too. Crap!!! As I am typing this I just remembered I've forgotten to add the buttonholes! Looks like it will be a cardigan without buttons! There is supposed to be a buttonhole an inch and half into it. As you can see that is quite a ways back. Nope, not taking it out! Argh!

2 comments:

Jenny Raye said...

Oh no!!! What if you use metal clasps like these or toggles like these? For the toggles you'd need to make a loop out of leather or yarn to go over the toggle to hold the sweater shut. Hope you find something that works out. Maybe even a nice pin at the top?

homespun living said...

The summer cardigan I'm working on calls for either hooks and eyes or buttons and knitted loops - maybe one of these ideas would solve your dilemna.
Deb ~ another 'fickle knitter'