Friday, December 21, 2007

A Cabler's Dream


Maybe not quite but almost! This is a Cable Wrap from Vogue Knitting Winter 2005/2006. I've started this over a couple times. I used the wrong size needle then counted wrong and even now I wish I had used an even larger needle. It's on a 10 but the next size might offer a little more drape but I'm not taking it out again. I think it will block to about 15 inches wide and I hope it softens too after a washing. Yarn is Peace Fleece purchased from Kary at The Knotty Sheep. It's kind of tweedy and a soft seafoam green. I bought the yarn for a shawl a while back but never knit it. This pattern just showed up and I cast on without much thought! You know how it goes with 'destashing'?

Addendum: 12/25 Project canned!!! It's too stiff, not drape at all, not wide enough for a stole and too wide for a scarf. Got about 10 inches into it and I know I wouldn't use it. Too much work for something useless. So, I have 7 skeins of this!!! Now what?

2 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

This is beautiful Diana!

~Jody

Plain Jane said...

The yarn is beautiful. I haven't used it yet, but I think that Peace Fleece is a heavy worsted. The pattern is nice, so I think I'd put it onto size 13 or 15 needles - probably the latter. That should give you the drape you want and the larger gauge would make it stole size. Also, it looks like an easy pattern to add or subtract a couple repeats if you want to make it wider or narrower.