Friday, August 15, 2008

How about some knitting?


Leaf Lace Shawl by Fiber Trends, finished. Knit with Rowan Kid Classic, 4 skeins. I actually ran out of yarn at the bind off row. I used the crochet bind off which is rather tight so I lost the 'points' at the edge. I still love it and hope to wear it to my sons wedding!

Now on the needles is the Estes Vest in the current issue of Interweave Knits. There's a center large cable down the back and smaller rope cables on either side then the hexagon cables on either side of those. It's knit in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky and is obviously knitting up quickly. The little bear is a part of a magnificent wooden flute carved by Jack at Appalachian Flutes . He is Robin's wonderful husband!






Also I am knitting on the Sundance Twist Rib Cardigan from the Classic Elite 'City Park' booklet. Sundance is a cotton/microfiber blend. Here's a photo, mine is chocolate brown. The vest and the cardigan had back measurements of 21 inches for the medium. That's way too big. I had several rows knit on both only to frog and start over to knit the small. Yes,, they are both brown but very different shades. I know I'm boring but turns out that when I bought the yarns it was the only color available in the amounts I needed. Plus I got the Lamb's Pride for $5 a skein! I wasn't going to pass that up. Check here MyPollyWogs and she's a wonderfully nice gal too!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Beautiful knitting....and LOVE the flute!

Rose Red said...

So glad to hear your husband is still doing well.

The red shawl is lovely, you did a great job.

Gumbo Lily said...

You always amaze me with your knitting, Diana! WOW! Can't wait to see this shawl on wedding day!

Jody

Dianne said...

That Shawl is Gorgeous!..That color will look spectacular on you!
I also love the Sundance sweater..that is just too cute!!
You are a great knitter~