Saturday, May 24, 2008

My first Fiber Festival


It was today at Sedalia Lots of vendors with lots of fiber of all sorts and handspun, hand-dyed yarns, rovings, weaving, etc. And what did I forget but my checkbook!!! Had some cash but would have gotten something else from Dee Dee at Rivanna River Farm in Ruckersville, VA. She had the most beautiful Alpaca yarns I've ever seen and fondled! I was able to get some roving from her in browns and cream, quite lovely.
I also bought from Yarn Theory a skein of Koigu at half price and a skein of Claudia Handpainted sock yarn also at half price because they were their last of those dye lots I guess. I can add them in socks!
My favorite purchase was a pair of woven wool mittens from Kim Harrison, Fiber Arts (no website) in Moseley, VA. She was quite the talent and I enjoyed talking with her.
This was the only picture I took. A wee little one waiting to be sold.

2 comments:

Junie Moon said...

What a fun outing. I have never been to a fiber festival but think I'd learn a whole lot of if I attended. I'm glad you found some things that you can use.

Sombra said...

Trent did a guest blog on my blog about working at the apiary...