Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Project Queue Makes for A Happy New Year!

Thank you to Mary who works at my LYS and to Nikki who both read my blog and saw my plight about missing the yarn sale. They emailed me pronto and let me know that indeed I did not miss the sale totally that I still had time. Soooooo, I went yesterday and came home with a few projects. First up is the cutest vest although the picture from the Knit N Style website doesn't show the back which really 'makes the vest'. It's from the Feb. 2006 issue. The collar is a large triangle down the back and ends in a tassel. I bought Karabella Soft Tweed in a rusty orange.


Next up is a cardigan by Classic Elite. It's in a booklet called, "City Park". I'll be using the suggested yarn of 'Sundance' a cotton/microfiber blend in a chocolate brown.



Then a summer top by Sirdar in their leaflet #5872 which is out of print and I can't find it anywhere on the Internet. It's a sleeveless ribbed mock turtleneck. I'll be knitting it with Cabin Fever's Cotton Tweed in cherry red.

I was needing some projects that required a bit less concentration and I could take 'on the go'. My Kinsale is just not that kind of knit. I'll be finished with hubby's sock shortly although I did cast on for that vest last night and I think it will be a quick knit! So there you have it, my sale haul. I'm happy!

2 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Woooo Hoooo! These sweaters are ADORABLE!! I find it hard to believe you can just whip them up so easily on knitting needles. Truly, you have a gift. Have fun!

Happy New Year Diana!
Jody

Junie Moon said...

I love your knitting projects! My skills are only in the bandage, dishcloth, and scarf realm but my heart is there and I can indeed appreciate your amazing work.