Sunday, January 13, 2008

Honoring Someone You May Not Know















I'm sure honoring someone that we don't know can be done in many, many ways. I found a way to honor a woman that has given her life for my freedom at this website The Mother's Day Project Granted it's not much but as I stitched her name I was able to pray for her husband and family members she left behind. This is 1st Lt. Jaime L. Campbell.
She was 25 years old, of Ephrata, Wasington. She was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 207th Aviation Regiment, Alaska Army National Guard, Anchorage, Alaska.; killed Jan. 7 when a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter crashed near Tal Afar, Iraq. She was a pilot in the Army National Guard and a member of the Arctic Eagles of Alaska. Her husband Sam Campbell is a captain in the Army and was in Iraq when she died. Her parents, Miki and Jeff Krausse, live in Ephrata.
I'm honored to have taken part in recognizing Jaime in this small way.

1 comment:

IndigoMuse said...

I stitched one last year as part of this project, too. I hope that that something comes of the larger project one day. Beautiful way to honor those who have given their lives.