Friday, June 22, 2007

I hate lazy, I hate idleness and I hate.....

when I have wasted time too! Especially on a knitted sweater that was 1/4th of the way finished and I have had to rip the entire thing! Don't try to talk me out of it. I have done the deed. You see at the end of 76 rows I was supposed to have 14 inches of sweater. I had 11. Just add some you say. Well, then the cables wouldn't be in the correct position. What sweater? See post on May 16th.

You know when you get the flu bug and you begin to vomit? (Sorry but there is no nice way to say that.) You tend to remember what you ate last and never want to eat it again or at least for a very long time and even when you do the memory comes back. Example: Vomiting gobs of cantaloupe when I was pregnant with my first son and he just turned 24 Wednesday. I like cantaloupe but when will that memory ever leave me?

OK, the reason for all that explanation is that I don't want to look at this yarn ever again! It's fine yarn, really but I don't want to knit with it for a long time. I don't need additional stash! How about you? You need 10 skeins of Knitpicks Shine/Sport? I'll give you deal!


Sport weight, 60% pima cotton, 40% modal, 110 yards, gauge is 6 sts/inch on 3 - 5 needles , machine washable, color is RIVER. The picture is true to it's color. As you can see 2 skeins were knit and I have put them in a center pull ball with my trusty homemade pvc pipe ball winder! The yarn sells for $2.49/skein. So that's about $25.00 for them retail plus whatever Knitpicks charges for shipping. Granted 2 are used so $18.00 which will include shipping in USA. Good yes? Email me at readmom at cox dot net

Back to my Alice Starmore gansey. I have 16 more rows till I finish the back neck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I have no use for the yarn.. however, I'd LOVE a Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Truck in that color!! It's beautiful.

whoever gets it will be lucky.

:-D

From your GA pal. (you know who I am!! lol!)
I'm jealous that Brian can knit and I can't, and he gets lessons from YOU and I can't... bummer!

Nana Sadie said...

Gorgeous color, tho'!
I'm sorry you had such a time. But sometimes, it's better to just move on...
Kinsale is calling!!!!
(((hugs)))

Plain Jane said...

And it's such a pretty sweater too, but I see how it would have to be the correct length when you reach the point of the other cables unless you had taken the diagonal lines straight up at 45°. I'm sorry you had to frog and sorrier that you don't feel you can work with the yarn anymore. I've been knitting for something like 55 years now and if I had a penny for every stitch I've frogged or tinked, I think I'd be a millionaire {g}

wrchili said...

I feel your pain! I have had to rip out many a project that I've spend hard earned time on. I hate it when I have to do that, because it seems like such a waste. I love that yarn, but I already have some of it to my stash and can't justify buying more.

cate said...

I was wondering what was going to happen to that sweater.