Sunday, June 10, 2007




Here we go! I am getting better at this. Here I have taken the picture it seems all spinners take. The bobbin, the newly spun yarn propped over a coin. I still have a ways to go. The other night at our local spin/knit group I purchased some wonderfully beautiful roving (left) called 'Meridian Rainbow' from Dave Simpson who is a master in color and spinning. It's like being in color heaven! His place is about an hour from here and he graciously visits our little 'growing' group a couple times a year. Can you believe I bought blues? I am so proud of myself even though there are some autumn colors in it! I understand the smart spinners stock up when he comes. When I'm a better spinner that I will definitely do.

The above photo on the bobbin is spun from a batt Kary so graciously gifted me! She's a color whiz as well and turns out some fabulously silky soft fiber ready to spin. Check her out. This gal is an artist! Be sure to check her blog and eBay store, "The Knotty Sheep".

7 comments:

Robin said...

OOOOOH...you bought Grandma's Garden! Very nice...your spinning is coming right along, I believe you and Nikki are born spinners!

cate said...

Love your spinning. I agree with Robin that you and Nikki were born with the gift of spinning! Had a good time with you at the picnic yesterday. Have a good school day. cate

KniTaPaLooZa said...

Isn't spinning a blast. I have done a little of it and I want my own wheel. I have always borrowed it from a friend. I have 3 turkish spindles thou and love spinning. Great job.

Kary said...

WOW Diana! Your spinning looks FABulous! Keep up the great work - pretty soon you will have a whole stash of your OWN handspun! YiPpEE! (Thanks for the kudos!) N~joY!

Anonymous said...

What a difference in just a little bit of time! Careful, you'll be displacing furniture for more wheels and buying book shelves for more spinning books! Looks great!.

Nana Sadie said...

Well, you know I don't know a thing about it...but it looks good from here! Practice makes perfect...didn't our mom's always tell us that?
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh! I have some of that waiting for me to spin up!! His fiber is so gorgeous! Like the mint green, also.