Sunday, February 25, 2007

So you thought I didn't have one?



A cat of course! Don't the majority of knitters have cats? From the looks of a whole lot of blogs I think it might be true. It seems I must share pictures of them too. So may I introduce my furry darlings. Rosie is our Siamese. Her temperment and personality is well..... Siamese! She rules the roost. Esther our black and white lady is rather an introvert and just happy eating and sleeping. Rosie is almost 4 years old and Esther is approaching 7. They are quite pampered here. My family adore them. Should I mention our third pet in the same post? Nah, I'll leave all the glory to these ladies. Although our fairly new pet is very cool too. Shhhh! she's a dog!

4 comments:

gail said...

Lovely cat! I also have a knitting cat whose main job is to remove the pins from items while they are being blocked. My cat doesn't like to snuggle, much to our distress and sadness. We try to force him to snuggle under the covers, but he remains tense and bolts as soon as we release him. However, he chose my daughter's baby blanket as his own and it lines his "nest" at the foot of my daughter's bed (she's now 15!). Cosmic can't sleep without his handknit blanket!

gail said...

Diana, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!! You asked where I found the wooly nylon. I purchase it at Hancock Fabrics, but they also sell it at JoAnn's. It is on little cones, about the size of a large spool of regular thread. It comes in lots of different colors. The thread looks like ordinary nylon thread when on the cone. However, after washing and wearing it fuzzes a bit--thus the name wooly nylon I guess! I own about 6 or 7 spools in different colors. It has lasted me at least 5 years now and I'm sure it will last 3-5 more years before I need to purchase more spools!!

Birdsong said...

How sweet! I DO have a cat, but she was a wild kitten youngest son rescued, and does not choose to live in the house...

Anonymous said...

Welcome Rosie & Esther! Esther you're a very pretty "cow kitty" and Rosie, you're a tad lighter than I am....
purrrsss