Friday, October 16, 2009

Better than before....

I had to make another .... Apple Pie of course. This one better than the last. Taste is essentially the same but the first one was 'soupy'. I followed the recipe but the flour content of 2 TB. was not enough. My friend Jody at Gumbo Lilly advised me to increase the flour to 1/2 cup. Perfect! My lattice top might be prettier on the first one though.

ETA: Uh Oh! It was supposed to be 1/4 cup flour!! Well, it turned out anyway! I did stack it pretty high with apples and juices spilled in the oven. And it's making an awfully good breakfast this morning!

5 comments:

Storybook Woods said...

Looks delish, sometimes you have to play with amounts till you find what works. But thta is the fun of baking xoxoox Clarice

Gumbo Lily said...

Hooray! I'm glad it turned out better. I was thinking I used 1/4 c. flour, but I don't have the recipe right here. I know that with juicier apples, you need a bit more flour.

Looks REALLY delish!
Jody

diXymiss said...

Mmmm... Tje pie looks delicious! Good job. Love your new cardigan too. It's very becoming.

ohiofarmgirl said...

I can smell it to here...enjoy. Dianntha

Debbie said...

Okay...I'm craving Apple Pie!:) I have been cooking like crazy lately. DH is home and it is getting colder! Great job It looks delish!:)