Friday, October 16, 2009

Better than before....

I had to make another .... Apple Pie of course. This one better than the last. Taste is essentially the same but the first one was 'soupy'. I followed the recipe but the flour content of 2 TB. was not enough. My friend Jody at Gumbo Lilly advised me to increase the flour to 1/2 cup. Perfect! My lattice top might be prettier on the first one though.

ETA: Uh Oh! It was supposed to be 1/4 cup flour!! Well, it turned out anyway! I did stack it pretty high with apples and juices spilled in the oven. And it's making an awfully good breakfast this morning!

4 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Hooray! I'm glad it turned out better. I was thinking I used 1/4 c. flour, but I don't have the recipe right here. I know that with juicier apples, you need a bit more flour.

Looks REALLY delish!
Jody

dixymiss said...

Mmmm... Tje pie looks delicious! Good job. Love your new cardigan too. It's very becoming.

ohiofarmgirl said...

I can smell it to here...enjoy. Dianntha

Debbie said...

Okay...I'm craving Apple Pie!:) I have been cooking like crazy lately. DH is home and it is getting colder! Great job It looks delish!:)