Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Time for BOOKS!


Far Above Rubies This is a great book. I have read a lot on the holocaust and every time I learn something new and of course horrifying. I really don't think the average person knows very much about the subject except that 6 million Jews were killed during WWII. Unfortunately that's not even a fraction of the facts. This is the true story of the devotion of a mother, a stepmother even and her amazing strength and courage.
I can tell you that if a book doesn't capture me in the first several pages I don't continue. So I don't want to tell you this story to ruin your joy in reading it. Most reviews I find give you too much information making reading the books not really necessary!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm adding it to my list. Thanks for the recommendation.

Kary said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Diana. I will put it on my 'reading-to-do' list too. HugZ!